Friday, February 15, 2013

monthly quote blog hop - february {san jose, california, family photographer}

We're back for another round of Monthly Quote Blog Hop - February edition. 

Not sure what it is? Check here for our January edition.

I love February's quote, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." - Maya Angelou.

The photo below was a happy accident. My family and I were visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California, recently. I had taken a new lens to play with and really was just getting used to its settings. We walked into the jellyfish exhibit at the very end of the day. I noticed how beautiful and delicate the different kinds of jellyfish were, just floating gently and gracefully through the water. This particular tank caught my eye. Since it was dark in the exhibit I had to really crank my ISO up. I wasn't hopeful for any good shots coming out of it. Luckily though when i checked the back of my camera this popped up. I felt myself gasp. The contrast between the jellyfish itself and the black background, along with the long graceful tendrils, it really did take my breath away for a split second. Watching all the different kinds of jellyfish float around was beautiful but a still image really does solidify how exquisite and delicate nature can be. I'm so glad this happy accident happened!

Don't forget to follow the circle and see how the talented Amy Hohl interpreted this same quote.  





7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an amazing shot! My kids looked at it and said, "God has such an imagination!" I agree with them and love that you captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Life of any kind is so breathtaking to me. Beautiful image, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image, Pam! I love the composition and the beauty of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! It's not easy to take photos at the aquarium and this turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a serendipitous moment, Pam! Amaaazing photo! I love the way the black background makes the jellyfish pop and you managed to capture so much detail as well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love all things under the sea. They're so beautiful and magical. You've definitely captured it! :)

    ReplyDelete