Friday, February 22, 2013

five on friday {san jose, california, family photographer

1. I've been taking an intense photography workshop this past week called Breaking the Mold. I won't go into too many details (it may bore you) but one thing we learned is to minimize the noise in order to let other possibilities in. You have NO idea how that has resonated with me since our instructor gave us this assignment. Has it been easy? NO! But it's been sooooo worth it!  I never realized how much "noise" I let into my daily life; constantly checking Facebook, constantly checking my e-mail, scouring other photography blogs, Pinterest etc, etc. It's been nice to be much more "in the moment" with my sweetie, with Early Bird, with my photography, with... just me! It makes me realize how much noise we let in ALL the time. Once this workshop is over I think I will continue to try to reduce my "noise" and ultimately I'll have my own journey instead of being on the sideline and watching everybody else's journey. 


2. Our fabulous instructor, Deb Schwedhelm, (really you must check her site out) gave us this video to watch on minimizing the noise. I think this holds true for everyone.... everyone... honestly! I love the message and the graphics! 



3. I have to toot my own Sweetie's horn (and I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before now!) For the past nine (sometimes loooong) months him and his business partner, along with Imangi Studios, have been working on releasing their new game on the iPhone, iPad, Kindle, and Android called Temple Run 2. It's quite a fun and addictive game. If you get a chance check it out and download it! I'm so proud of all them for all their hard work!!


4. I was scouring Pinterest again (the one time a day I've allowed myself since the start of my workshop) and I saw this INGENIOUS device. It's a wine glass inside of a sippy cup. I mean, why couldn't I have come up with that? Wouldn't you love seeing all the moms at a playgroup with one of these in their hands?! Too funny!! I know some of my mom friends and I have joked about putting wine in sippy cups before (only to be drunk by the moms of course!) but to put a wine glass INSIDE one! That's just a great big bag of awesomeness! Hmmmm..... I'm thinking that could be a great birthday gift ;) If you're interested it's called the Vino2Go (even the name is really cute/cool!) and you can find it here. (I didn't get paid for this. I just think it's a great idea!)


5. Random photo of the day: 

a beautiful family that I got to spend some recent time with!

www.PSquaredStudios.com, family photographer, San Jose, California





No comments:

Post a Comment