Friday, February 1, 2013

friday's feature {san jose, california, family photographer}

It's the beginning of the month and it's time for our Friday's Feature featuring another talented photographer, Carli Adams from Sugar Snap Photography. She's come to us all the way from the UK! Love that an international photographer has stopped by!





Make sure to hop on over to Carli's Web site for more eye candy!



Tell us about you and your family.

My Husbands name is Dan, we have three children Morgan who is 13, Bailie who is 9 and Isabella who is 3 and boss of the house!


~ Name the places you have called home. Where is home now?

We have always lived in Hertfordshire, UK, mostly in and around St. Albans but have recently moved to a lovely little village called Wheathampstead.



~ Describe a day in the life of you.

Busy Busy Busy, as you can imagine, trying to run a business with three children isn't easy, Every morning we get up and do the usual breakfast etc get dressed school days the children all get dropped off (to three different locations) and i have three hours to myself. This is work time and I do all my paperwork and marketing in this time. I spend every afternoon with my youngest daughter, Bella we play games and go on walks i take my camera and we have a lovely time together.  After school is crazy making dinner organising homework it really doesn't stop.  If i am really busy i will work in the evenings as well. 




~ Describe your photography style and how it came to be.

I started out at photography after being quite seriously ill, i had always worked in law and was unable to do so after the birth of our third child.  My dad had a dslr and got me mucking about with it at a local charity event and i LOVED it straight away.  It wasn't long until my birthday and my parents bought me a dslr, a canon 400d i loved that little camera it taught me so much, My dad and i went to college for three years and i did a number of portrait sessions and started more external training with other local photographers. After a little while i was doing photo shoots on location with families, i shot my cousins horse (which i was terrified of lol) And then I got an opportunity to photography a newborn i had undertaken photography training earlier that year and loved it, but i fell in love with the uniqueness of it, the way i could comfort and reassure the infant and the parents and produce some really very good work.  I like my work to be more traditional i can't really describe my own style but I'm sure it comes through in my images.




~ What's in your camera bag and what do you use to carry it?

I have a gorgeous Kelly Moore bag its so stunning and i love it my camera sits in there very comfy throughout the year although it does have pride of place on my work desk most of the time.  I have a canon 5d Mark 2 and a 100mm macro lens, i also have my beloved nifty 50mm 1.4 lens and a 24-70mm.




~ If you could only watch one television show for the rest of the year, which one would it be?

Difficult but i love One born every minute, i remember being pregnant myself and the excitement and nervousness of the whole situation. I started training to become a midwife at one point but my life changed direction.  I used to spend hours watching these kinds of shows and i love hearing that first cry. 




~ Where do you find your inspiration?

All around me i have some wonderful suppliers who have gorgeous hats and i look in vintage shops for props that would be suitable, first and foremost they have to be safe. I use these items combined with something i have seen previously be it in a book or on the television. I love vintage styling.




~ Tell us something no one knows about you.

I don't think there is anything my husband doesn't know about me, he probably knows me better than i do myself. Something not many people know is i come across confident but all i want to do is please people. They never see that part of me. 



~ Name a place you have been and want to go back? What do you want to see or do there?
I can remember driving through Paris, France as a child and loving the oldness about it, the quaintness.  I'd love to go back with my husband and stay in a lovely old Parisienne hotel and eat cake as Marie Antoinette would say.





~ Tell us where we can find you on the World Wide Web.

My little home on the world wide web is www.sugarsnapsphotography.co.uk. I can be found on twitter and Facebook and also pinterest.


Thanks Carli for stopping by and letting us peek into your little world!

Everybody have a great weekend!





















No comments:

Post a Comment