Thursday, January 31, 2013

just us january

I've joined forces with another FABULOUS group of photographers.

The project is called Just Us Times 12. 

What does it mean? It means that I finally get to document my family 12 times throughout the year (once a month) and instead of being behind the camera I get to actually be in front of it. (Not quite sure how I feel about that but I'm forcing myself to put my insecurities aside.) However, more importantly, it means that I get to have fun pictures of us! Sometimes Sweetie may be working and not be able to be in the pictures but sometimes he WILL be in them (like it or not!!). 

I almost decided that I was too busy to start another project but I knew if I didn't start in January than I probably wouldn't start at all. So, at the last hour, right before sunset, I pulled out my camera, tripod, remote, grabbed my daughter and my iphone for some music and headed outside. I wanted a fun picture of us and since my daughter loooooves dancing I knew that would be easy for us. So, here is our first "family" shot, minus one, of us dancing to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!! (you do what you gotta do, right?!)

You'll also get to see some other fabulous and fun families. Follow the circle and head on over to Eileen Gomez - Orange County California photographer's Just Us.


5 comments:

  1. what a great idea to capture you dancing !! lovely and fun photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this?!? Love that you pulled out her favorite music to dance to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - and a great reminder to capture our "fun mom" sides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love it! Yes, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :) Great idea and super cute!

    ReplyDelete