Friday, January 11, 2013

five on friday

1. Early Bird has not been sleeping good for the past, oh, almost 4 years. Lately (and by lately I mean the last 6 weeks) she's been getting up 2+ times a night. "I need a drink," "My covers came off," "I want to sleep with you." Needless to say this leaves momma and daddy VERY tired during the day. If you see me and I have no makeup on and my hair is a hot mess you'll know why. Please tell me she'll start sleeping better when she turns 4?!!

2. Speaking of Early Bird turning 4 soon (January 29 to be exact) i've been somewhat planning her party for awhile, at least in my head. This time last year I was frantically making alot of her decorations. Somehow this year her birthday snuck up on me. In my head I had a cute yellow, turquoise and gray theme planned out. However, Early Bird decided that she needed to have an actual say in her birthday this year :( And what did she decide on? A princess theme.... with a real princess. There went my grand plans. I'm dreading the pink plastic table covers with the pink plastic decorations. However, i think i might still be able to incorporate MY colors as well ;) AND an actual princess may be showing up!! i'll keep you updated on the progress of anti-pink/plastic birthday things!

3. I have a confession. I've been cheating a little. Cheating on my camera. For christmas I got a sewing machine. Thank goodness for Pinterest. They have a TON of tutorials and cute projects. It's been fun learning how to sew hems and ruffles. My first attempt was an infinity scarf. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but it wasn't thrown in the trash either. Last night I added ruffles to a cute dish cloth. Yes, it took me two hours but I think it turned out cute! I don't think I'll end up being Suzie Homemaker but it's nice to know that if I want to "whip out" a cute bag I may be able to.... even if it takes me a week!



4. It's not too late to get $75 off any session this year. (Hint: I'll be coming to Dallas/Ft. Worth AND Austin, Tx at the end of March). Sale ends January 31. Details are here.

5. random photo of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment