Friday, September 21, 2012

five on friday

1. My birthday is coming up next week and I've been somewhat reflecting over this past year. Here are two things I feel particularly proud of accomplishing over the past 12 months: 1) opened my photography business!! and 2) started practicing yoga (thanks to our good friend and neighbor, Kevyn, who happens to be a great yoga instructor!). Wonder what the next 12 months have in store! Can't wait to find out!

2. While I was in Lubbock, Texas, a couple of weeks ago I ran into an old student of mine. (Yes, I used to teach junior and high school back in the day). He was in my first ever class and was an eighth grader. He was the perfect student, inquisitive, polite, hard worker, I could go on. He did have one nagging trait though, he was a die-hard Aggie fan. I also remember him being "tall" (5'6") and lanky for his age. Well, fast forward several several years to a couple of weeks ago. This tall (6'1ish") guy with a beard comes up to me and asks if I was Ms. Bagley and he introduced himself as Jerod Foster. I had to look at him for a few minutes and I  finally realized he was a former student. I couldn't believe it! He was all grown up (and man did I start feeling old!) We chit-chatted a few minutes and he told me he is now a professor at, none other than, Texas Tech and also had a photography business. He's also married with a little girl (yep, feeling reeeeeallly old by this point.) I went home and looked him up. His photographs are spectacular. You NEED to check out his Web site here. I love supporting other photographers and especially ones I may have had a little part in helping out! Can't wait to see what good things come his way!

3. While I'm typing this I'm snacking on Snackwell's Caramel Popcorn and I realize I'm addicted to that too. I may or may not have had two bags of it. (Hey, it's ONLY 130 calories a bag.)

4.  There are only a few days left to submit entries to the Deserving Family contest. September 30 is the deadline. See here for details.

5. Random photo of the week: 

taken at Texas Tech University, my alma mater, a couple of weeks ago. So far they're 3-0 this season! Go Raiders


No comments:

Post a Comment