Wednesday, May 15, 2013

monthly quote blog hop - may {san jose, california, family photographer}

It's time for May's edition of Monthly Quote Blog Hop.

This month's quote:

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want.



A little explanation for my choice of image this month. I've been practicing yoga for about a year now. I originally started practicing as a way to reduce my back pain due to pregnancy a few years ago. I knew it would have benefits far beyond pain management but I never fathomed other ways it would effect my life. I'm definitely stronger, I tend to handle stress better (most of the time), and I can play with my 4 year old much easier. However, I don't always look forward to my yoga classes because sometimes there's pain involved. Pain getting into a new position, muscle pain, heat pain, etc. 

I had just come back from yoga class when I decided to work on my quote project. I decided to use juxtaposition with the pain of yoga but the calming nature of it. I've come to realize that is how yoga is for me and really it's what I need in my life!




Hop on over to see Tami Siriani's interpretation of the same quote.

2 comments:

  1. Great interpretation of the quote! I kept trying to figure out what I was going to post for this month, and suddenly realized it was the 15th already. And I hadn't had my epiphany! I'm about to get into yoga, too. I think it will be very good for me!

    ReplyDelete