Monday, April 15, 2013

monthly quote blog hop - april {san jose, california, family photographer}

I missed last month (we were in Texas) but I'm back this time for another round of Monthly Blog Hop. 

I'm pairing up with some other talented photographers from around the world to put our own spin on a quote.

April's quote - Having courage does not mean that we are unafraid. Having courage and showing courage means we face our fears. We are able to say, "I have fallen but I will get up." - Maya Angelou


Being a photographer means that I am afraid of failing All.the.time! Sometimes I'm afraid to take risks. Sometimes I don't want to take risks. Sometimes I just want to sit my camera down and walk away. I'm afraid of failing at a deep deep passion I have. Sometimes, yes, I do fail. And sometimes, I do just walk away.... but only for a bit. However, I've learned if I stop taking risks. If I stop picking up my camera. If I don't face my own fear of failure I'll never know the happiness that comes from seeing an image of mine that truly truly makes me happy, even if it only makes ME happy! 

I had taken this image last summer. I've looked at it several times and have always passed it up. I see the technical flaws, the chopped limb, out of focus, etc, etc. I've looked at it's failure, at MY failure. However, today, I decided to throw my own fears out the window and embrace the image. Not for what's wrong with it but for what makes it right, only if it's for me. 



Don't forget to head over to the next talented photographer, Kim Ebert, and see her take on Maya Angelou's quote. 


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing capture, Pam. I'm so happy you embraced it and shared it with us. I don't see any of the technical flaws you mention, instead I see a wonderfully artistic image that really makes you think. I'm a sucker for these types of dreamy images. Beautiful work. Love it!

    ReplyDelete