Friday, April 12, 2013

five on friday {san jose, california, family photographer}

1. I'm going to start this FOF off a little gloomy but end on a much cheerier note. This past week, within 12 hours, I found out two of my friends have cancer. Both are moms in their 30s, both have two young kids, and both have wonderful supportive husbands. All I could think of (and still do daily) is it's just not fair! Just not fair at all. It makes me so so so mad that their lives, and the people around them, are forever changed! One has invasive breast cancer. She caught it herself... thank goodness! I'll leave you with a phrase that she said, "Make sure to check your boobies!!" Pass the word on!

2.  Early Bird's Spring Break is next week and we're heading to Tahoe for a few days! Can't wait to go! I've never been in the spring, just the winter and summer. While we're gone we're having a little bit of work done on our house. And yes, I planned it that way! I'll get to come back to my own version of HGTV reveal!! (which reminds me, need to take before/after photos!)

3. Can you be in love with a pair of boots? While I was in Texas I broke down and bought a pair of boots. I have lusted after these FOR YEARS! I had been wearing my Target boots and every time I wore them I would look down and hate them more and more. They were reminding me of two evil step-sisters taunting me time and time again (Cinderella anyone??!)! I decided that if I was stiiiiillll lusting after the boots two years later that I needed to bite the bullet. So, I threw those evil step-sisters to the curb and let me tell you, my feet are happy again.  Every time I put them on they make me feel sassy! Now, isn't that what a good pair of shoes are suppose to do for you?! Oh, and when I wear them Early Bird says I look like a cowgirl. Well, I did buy them in Texas after all!!





4.  I have one spot left for my Spring/Mother's Day Mini-sessions on April 27 & 28. And because it actually feels like spring today and I'm a mom and I feel like we should celebrate all moms I'm going to gift the next person who signs up a $50 gift card to the Gap, so she can get some new clothes for the mini-session! After all, moms need to be the best looking ones in the pictures, right?!!



5. Random photo of the day:

This is Early Bird's version of being sassy. I think she was channeling Fancy Nancy. You can't really see it but on the floor she had lined up five different outfits for the rest of the week. Each had a hair accessory, tights or leggings and a jacket or sweater to go with it. That's my girl!!






No comments:

Post a Comment