Friday, October 12, 2012

five on friday

1. we won't be defeated. the entire photography world has been talking about this brave photographer/mom/friend/daughter/wife that lost her battle against cancer today. Unfortunately she left behind two young boys and a brave husband. However, before it was too late she made a BEAUTIFUL video that everybody must see. It doesn't matter if you're not a mother or sister or even a wife. It's a must see... here. i didn't have the pleasure of knowing her but she does remind me that even when they're are bad days (and believe me i have baaaad days) at least i'm here to experience them. it also reminds me that my photography is a gift that i give to my own family.

2. getting fall pictures taken? having a hard time coming up with outfits for the family? hopefully this is a little inspiration for you.


3. last night i had a MNO (Mom's Night Out) with my besties. They "claimed" it was for my birthday but i didn't care what it was for, i just like getting together with them. what was some of the discussion? one of the besties (who wasn't there but was there in spirit and we talked like she was there) gave a talk at the Geneva Convention several years ago? Did we know exactly what the Geneva Convention is? Nope, but it sounds impressive. Another bestie ran into Jerry Rice, a former NFL football player, at a hospital several years ago and knew he looked familiar. Instead of saying, "Hi, My name is Sarah. You look familiar. How do I know you?" She said, "You look familiar. Do I look familiar to you??" Yeah, then Jerry's wife had to tell her who it was. Can you say awkward?! From now on when i see somebody that looks familiar. I'm just going to say, "Do I look familiar to you?" Yep, good times, good times!

4. the hubby and i are going on a couple's date night tomorrow with our fabulous neighbors, k & c. we plan on playing boche ball. i can't wait because i'm suuuper competitive and they've never played. Bring. It. On!

5. random photo of the day:



No comments:

Post a Comment