Monday, October 10, 2011

10 on 10: october edition

I'm back with my october edition of 10 on 10. (Missed the september edition? Check here).

If you're new to the 10 on 10 posts here's a quick run-down: 10 photographers from around the country post 10 photographs from one day in their life on the 10th day of every month. We link to each other's 10 on 10, thus completing a circle.

This month I decided to capture the day that the hubby and I were going to a friend's wedding in San Francisco, technically Sausalito for you northern Cali fans. We live about an hour south of
Sausalito and haven't spent much time on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge so I decided
this was a perfect picture-taking day.



Our day actually started a little earlier than 7:00am when our Early Bird got up but I was too
bleary eyed to capture that moment. After a quick shower I was able to finally pick up my camera and start shooting for the day.






the invite. 
(by the way, the purple letters below their names spell out WEDDING. What a cool idea!!)




stopping to get some donuts on the way out of town..... yummy!





  we stop off at Golden Gate park for a quick bite to eat at Annie's Hot Dogs... yumm!
(Can you tell this trip is NOT going to be very healthy?!)





as we're strolling through the park we see some musicians playing. 




starting to drive over the Golden Gate bridge





Unfortunately it was still very foggy in San Fran but I loved how one of the towers looked in the fog.
Taken out of the sun roof





time to recharge before heading to the wedding




wedding time!




they had a photobooth at the reception so I forced the hubby  the hubby and I 
gladly took advantage of it!




The day ended with a fabulous fireworks display. 
My favorite part about this photo is the red from the fireworks illuminating the 
Golden Gate bridge on the right.




(if you're counting I technically have 11 photos. The photobooth collage I didn't take myself so I snuck one more in there.)

Now go check out Krista Lund's 10 on 10.


5 comments:

  1. okay, now I really want some donuts (with sprinkles!) I love, love, love the shot with the musicians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the invitation card is very original! and the fireworks pic is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot of the golden gate bridge. What a cool perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are fantastic and we are practically neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the GGB pic. Awesome perspective, and I love the fog!

    ReplyDelete