Friday, December 14, 2012

five on friday

1) a heavy heart tonight thinking of the tragedy at the elementary in Connecticut. My mother has been an elementary educator in the public school system in texas for over 40 years and i automatically thought of her as i was driving home today. I truly truly believe educators are angels sent to our schools to protect our kids. luckily Early Bird was home from school today sick or i would have been even more upset than i was.

2) a post from a photographer friend on Facebook posted this beam of light today, "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers. So true! Look for the helpers. Luckily there are way more helpers in the world than non-helpers!

3) currently listening to Pandora on my phone. I love to listen to it when editing, because editing photos is my least favorite thing. it makes the time go faster when i'm listening to strong, independent women singing. you go Stevie Nicks and Dixie Chicks!

4) 11 days and counting until Christmas. i'm continuing my Favorite Things list, a la Oprah style:


my favorite all time movie: Hope Floats and for several reasons.
1. It was filmed in Austin, Texas, and i loooove Austin, 2. the lighting is beautiful in the movie and 3. the accents. reminds me of home. Oh, and 4) i like the story line!



one of my favorite quotes. Found on this blog.




if i had it my way this is what our house would look like for christmas. 



5) random photo of the day: 

this is what's been going on at our house lately


Stay safe this weekend and hug an educator!




No comments:

Post a Comment