Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 on 10: november edition

Welcome to our november edition of 10 on 10!

New to 10 on 10? Here's the rundown: 10 photographers from around the US post
10 pictures in a day of their lives on the 10th day of every month. We link to each other's post so you'll be able to complete the circle of 10. 

This is our third month and it's been alot of fun so far!

This month I was forced to mix things up a bit. I traveled to my parent's house in Texas for a week  (We live in Cali) and I wasn't able to  bring my "fancy" camera with me. I had to use my iPhone camera instead.
Not very "professional" but I made do. It did make me get out of my comfort zone  and see things from a different perspective. While not professional pictures by any means it did help me capture those moments that I had with my parents and my daughter with her grandparents. Oh, And the phone was MUCH easier to carry around then lugging my "fancy" camera. I probably ended up with much more "in the moment" shots by using my phone, which, of course, I love.




sunrise
 (or the earliest I could get up and around to start shooting.)

time for a little morning walk with grandma g

ahhh.... the self-portrait


one of my favorite things in my parent's house. Even though it's not in the house I grew up in my mom's sewing machine reminds me of all the Barbie clothes, pillows and outfits she sewed for me. It is a piece of  "home" for me.


gotta love real texas bbq for lunch

visiting the local science museum


time for a round of golf with grandpa (even if it's only one hole)


 getting ready for a simple dinner




a little coloring before bedtime
(Can you tell who is spoiled at grandma & grandpa's?)




and finally the end of the day, watching a texas thunderstorm roll in.


Now please check out Heather Humphreys' 10 on 10.
Make sure to leave a little blog love on Heather's. We always like to hear what our readers think!

6 comments:

  1. Great images! Beautiful way to document your trip and the first and last ones are my favs! Where in Texas? I'm just outside of Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun! Gorgeous sunrise shot. The self portrait made me giggle. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect! I love that you only used your camera phone for these. They all have such a real and in the moment feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous and illustrate your day wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!! Mary, they live south of Ft. Worth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how you documented such a special and yet ordinary day. I bet you'll be so beyond thrilled with these in 20 years. I just love real life documented. Great job!

    ReplyDelete