Friday, April 15, 2011

more of erin cobb & pullbacks

This past Monday I watched my faaaaavorite of photographer, Erin Cobb, work her magic. 
(Which she ended up mentioning on HER blog here, which I was totally
surprised and humbled by!! I'm #9 on her list)

She was doing a photo session of a couple with their cuuuute 7 month old, Connor, and 
she let me tag along. She told me what lenses she was using and why, why
she was photographing in a particular spot, how the clothes were chosen, etc. I was 
most interested to see how she interacted with the family and how she's always able to get
such great shots.

A few tips I picked up from her on how to interact with clients and get those "great shot",
especially with babies:

 - lots of silly sounds
- singing
- hand motions
- mom and dad with baby's favorite toy
and my favorite

- have mom/dad smiling and laughing right next to Erin's camera. 
I heard Erin say a few times, "You can get right up in my grill."

Here are a few shots that I took of Erin working. (She's the one in white)



Erin trying to get baby Connor's attention


Erin was on the ground



mom shaking baby Connor's favorite food. 
(Dad was behind the wood pile holding onto Connor)



Dad holding Connor's teething ring above Erin's head


hope you were able to pick up some ideas too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment