Tuesday, October 15, 2013

monthly quote blog hop - october (san jose, california, family photographer}

It's time for October's edition of Monthly Quote Blog Hop

Any quote from Dr. Seuss has to be a good one, right?! Here's a classic.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind." - Dr. Suess.

This particular quote reigns so true in our house hold right now. Trying to navigate the waters of parenting can be tricky for anybody. Throw in a very spirited, opinionated, social butterfly daughter and it becomes even more perilous. I want to give her what I didn't have growing up..... courage and self confidence in yourself. 

I was always (and still am to some degree) worried about what others thought of me. Do they think I'm nerdy? Is my question dumb? Do I look silly wearing this? Do I measure up to their standards? Etc, etc. The one thing I told myself when I had my daughter is that I want to teach her how to be confident in her choices, in HERSELF and not worry about what the world around her thinks. Because ultimately, those who matter don't mind!

So, I decided to step in front of the camera and, of course, show my daughter that I'm not afraid of what I look like or how others perceive me. That I can and AM confident in myself... and so should she!

We grabbed the handy remote, set up a backdrop and had a little fun. Are these pictures technically correct? NO! Could I have done a better job with the back drop? Yes! But, I stepped outside of my comfort zone and we did it together! And right now, that's all that matters! "Be who you are and say what you feel!"





Head over to Tami Siriani's fabulous blog and see her interpretation of Dr. Seuss.

3 comments:

  1. How fun to do your photo shoot with your daughter! I love the quilts and think the first photo at the very end would make a great "About me" shot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do I LOVE that you added your beautiful girl to your shots and a beautiful obviously made with care and love! I especially love the first shot with two pairs of GIANT blue eyes! Someday that shot will be extra special and she will end up with it posted in her house! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that should have read, "quilt made with care and love!" What a good lesson for your daughter and a good reminder for us all!

      Delete